Over the years, the Department of Education’s budget for HSAS has been radically reduced. With the 2023-2024 budget, we anticipate that the school will again rely exclusively on the PTA to pay for many items. Simply put, HSAS cannot operate successfully without your financial support.
In fact, because of budget constraints, the PTA has been asked to fund over $75,000 for trips and events for our students. Here are some of the many ways in which the PTA will support HSAS this school year:
· School/art/science supplies, daily planners, theatre class ($30,000)
· Teacher compensation for teams, clubs, tutoring & chaperoning trips ($63,000)
· Moot court/mock trial, honor societies, literary magazines, clubs ($15,000)
· Sports teams, equipment, uniforms & transportation, sports award night, and gym rental ($30,000)
· College fair, freshmen orientation, theatre and cultural excursions, graduation & more ($28,000)
With these needs in mind, the PTA’s budget goal is $200,000. In order to achieve this goal, we are requesting each family to give $850 per child. We know that not everyone can give this amount, and we ask you to give what you can. Any amount is greatly appreciated as we seek 100% participation in this endeavor.
Corporate Matching! Please ask your company if they match donations—every dollar matters.
To donate, click here, or you can use Zelle or PayPal (and Venmo is coming soon). Use firstname.lastname@example.org as the recipient. If you prefer to send it via regular mail, use this form here and mail it to the school addressed to the “PTA of HSAS Treasurer.”
Your donation is 100% tax deductible (exempt from taxes under Section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code).